As an Android Engineer, you will take part in design, development and testing applications for our new Android TV devices – Smart Boxes and Streaming devices. The solution enables the Android TV on the STB device providing our customers a smart TV experience. You will be responsible for building and deploying more than 10 Android applications on each device, cooperating with Google and other vendors and teams. More than that, you will make highly scalable customer products – we are having more than 500K provisioned smart boxes around Europe.
What you'll have here:
- Scale: Working on products that have millions of users.
- People: You will work with experts and share knowledge with them.
- Internal learning sessions and innovation challenges: we are an innovation center primarily and you can be part of initiatives, research and focus groups…
- Tech stack: We are technical agnostics and programming languages are just a tool, but they can make our job easy. Thus we’re following the latest technology trends.
- Engineering mindset: Writing application code is just part of the story – here you can mix tools, improve your knowledge about clean code, unit tests and other agile technical practices, and be involved in all application lifecycle management stages
- Career growth: We strongly believe in feedback culture and development plans.
- Community: you wanna share your knowledge with the community? You are more than welcome. If you are not a great speaker, that is also fine.
- Implementing and automatically testing applications for Android customer devices
- Creating and implementing Android TV functionalities (Launcher, Google Cast, Google Assistant, etc.)
- Ensuring the code quality with unit, integration, and end to end tests
- Recommend code and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performances
- Collaborating and coordinating work with other Feature teams and 3rd party vendors
- Creating POCs and documenting technical designs and solutions
- Proposing and participating in choosing the right tech stack
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years of Android development (Java or Kotlin)
- Knowledge of Android SDK
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitLab or similar)
- Ability and desire to work in small and dynamic teams
- Willingness to learn new technologies and propose new solutions
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good verbal communication and good interpersonal skills
What will be considered as a bonus:
- Some experience with video streaming and audio/video codecs
- Experience or interest in Android TV operating system
We have more than cookies:
- Hybrid working environment – work from home or from our cozy offices (New Belgrade and city center hub) / Kragujevac hub
- Private healthcare
- Christmas bonus
- Gifts for your special days
- “Healthy” Friday – not always healthy snacks on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Growing International team
We are focused on solving challenging creative problems, and making brands with attitude that stand for something valuable. We are looking for smart, ambitious, passionate individuals to join our growing team. If you have what it takes to make a change for the better send us your CV and we will get back to you soon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.