As a Software Engineer, you will take part in design, development, and testing of our new digital products, Chameleon. Chameleon is a single code-based digital media platform, powered by WordPress but developed entirely by United Cloud. It drives web portals and mobile applications on iOS, Android, and Huawei platforms using PHP and React Native technology. The platform enables easy and fast news publishing and managing content within portals for journalists, and on the other hand, provides a great experience for the readers. We have 50+ news portals that are supported by the platform. The name itself (Chameleon) represents a very high level of adaptability and customizability of the platform.
What you'll have here:
- Scalability: Working on products that we can use every day and have millions of users. Some of them are your friends, neighbors, family members.
- People: You will work with experts, community leaders and senior engineers who made these products from scratch. They will reveal to you how the whiteboard idea turns into a worldwide platform.
- Internal learning sessions and innovation challenges: We are an innovation center primarily and you can be part of initiatives, research and focus groups…and don’t miss to take a place in innovation challenges and hackathons.
- Tech stack: We are technical agnostics and programming languages are just a tool, but they can make our job easy. Thus we’re following the latest technology trends.
- Engineering mindset: Writing application code is just part of the story – here you can mix tools, improve your knowledge about clean code, unit tests and other agile technical practices, and be involved in all application lifecycle management stages.
- Career growth: We strongly believe in feedback culture and development plans.
- Community: You wanna share your knowledge with the community? You are more than welcome. If you are not a great speaker, that is also fine.
- Designing APIs and developing new tools for migrations.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Building and maintaining new microservices (Go and Node.js) that enables integration with the core platform.
- Recommend code and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performances.
- Leading, mentoring and growing the community of engineers.
- Collaborating and coordinating work with other Feature teams.
- Creating POCs and documenting technical designs and solutions.
- Proposing, planning and implementing further improvements.
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in backend software development (preferably PHP).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git).
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodology, Continuous Integration and Unit test.
- Experience with working on highly scalable and traffic heavy websites.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, ArgoCD, GitLab or similar).
- Ability and desire to work in small and dynamic teams.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and propose new solutions.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good verbal communication and good interpersonal skills.
What will be considered as a bonus:
- Experience in developing highly featured plugins, widgets & themes for WordPress application will be considered as a bonus.
- Experience or interest in Go or Node.js.
We have more than cookies:
- Hybrid working environment – work from home or from our cozy offices in Belgrade and Kragujevac.
- Working on products that have millions of users.
- Continuous career growth.
- Internal learning sessions and innovation challenges.
- First class equipment.
- Private healthcare.
- Work life balance.
We are focused on solving challenging creative problems, and making brands with attitude that stand for something valuable. We are looking for smart, ambitious, passionate individuals to join our growing team. If you have what it takes to make a change for the better send us your CV and we will get back to you soon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.