In this position, you as Data Engineer will be ensuring all game data are available so that data can be further used by data analytics for creating the base for strategic business analyses. With this in mind, you will work on developing and maintaining scalable data pipelines that support many use cases, perform ETL and ELT from many games into the data warehouse, and determine and source appropriate data for a given analysis.
To go more into details, Data Engineer responsibilities will be to:
- Understand business requirements and translate them into automated data warehouse pipelines using ETL/ELT methodologies. Pull, process, and aggregate data collected from various platforms through the APIs.
- Validating data, performing cross-reference checking between source data and outputs.
- Design, develop and launch data ingestion and storage systems with high availability and reliability that can scale.
- Ensuring code standards are followed on all code.
- Build scalable data aggregation layer from queues and batches of data for data visualization.
- Collaborate with product, development, and analytics teams across the organization to help develop, maintain, and operate our BI systems.
- Implement new requests from Product Analysts and Product Managers to fulfill their data needs.
Desired skills and experiences:
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience with relational and NoSQL databases and MPP/columnar data warehouse solutions (BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with ETL, schema design, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures
- 3+ years of experience in minimum one of the following languages: Python, Java, NodeJs, C#
- Experience in data integration using APIs (Rest/SOAP)
- Experience in building data pipelines and preferably also in data architecture, data modeling & data governance
- Collaborating on code using Git
- Basic project management knowledge, utilizing software such as Trello or JIRA
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Partially or full working experience with cloud computing services such as GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Familiarity with BI visualization tools
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience in working with Linux/Unix and containerization
- Knowledge of mobile gaming metrics and the mobile gaming industry
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position can be located with the rest of our team in Niš, but it could also be remote.